"Is there Grace for the Bipolar?"

Is there Grace for the Bipolar?

Before we get started we must make sure we are on the same page, the same mind. Being Bipolar; for most, will never change, it's just the way God made us. It is a mental chemistry or a brain disorder. I say it is like having Cancer and someone is just telling you to knock it off. You can quit being Bipolar if you set your mind to it.


For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

Being a Christian is not of our own works or anything we can earn. It is by God's Grace. In other words we have nothing to do with it, it is a gift. This may sound strange to some but I spend my time, my days, keeping my mind set on just waiting for Jesus to come back, it helps. Look up! Be waiting for Jesus!

Grace is not of this world but a gift from Heaven. But yet we try in our earthly strength to muster up the courage to change our lives. ...being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus;... Rom 3:24

Even though we may not feel like it we are forgiven by God's Grace, washed, cleansed, sanctified, Justified, purified and made Holy all because of the Cross of Christ. Having put an end to the handwriting and taking it out of the way by nailing it to his cross; Col 2:14

I am jealous of those that go to Church on Sun, Wed mid week study, Sat prayer meetings. You know them and yet I wish I had a right mind
so I could participate with them in this precious serving of the Lord. But yet my past haunts me, my presents will not let me alone, it is relentless. I cry wondering when I'm going to be normal. You know those Christians bathed in Joy yet it falls away from me so that I settle for second best.

I'm not being mean but Grace is for the church goer, that's true.... But it's also for those that can't help but still feel lost because of the thoughts that won't excuse them of their past and present.
Brothers, one thing I do, letting go of those things which are past, and stretching out to the things which are before me, truth. Php 3:13

Grace is given to all those that have confessed Jesus as the Lord over their lives, thoughts and actions. Jesus is very active in the life of the believer changing us from inside out. Left alone without Grace we will certainly drown in our sin. But Jesus gave us the power of the Holy Spirit to live out a Holy life in His absence. Jhn 14

Grace is the gas that keeps us going through the difficult times on our journey. When I'm down I call out to God for my strength and it's then that Gods Grace (thru the Word) tells me to come to the throne of Grace Boldly and He will do the changing and rebuilding.
Whether we are being Bipolar or not, Depressed or Manic.



First I must say I am not a Dr. or a Pshyc. But I have been counseling people with Bipolar Disorder since 1986.
If I don't have the answer we can grow through it together.
God Bless... and I really mean it.
Dave Hallahan
Dave@christian-internet.com

10 comments:

bipolarchristian.net said...

Dave, I enjoy reading your posts. I was diagnosed Manic-Depressive in 1998, and my life has been something of a whirlwind since then. I thought for the longest time that God had called me to fill the role of the Prophet Elijah in calling the nations to repentance in preparation for the return of Jesus Christ. This belief caused a lot of pain and suffering in my life, because I was lost in delusion. There were also times in my life when I actually believed myself to be both God, and later the Anti-Christ. Boy did I have some pride in my heart, and it seems God brought me low to deal with my pride- I suffered with dark and malicious thoughts for what seemed like ages- it was about 2 to 3 years off and on that I would be beseiged by these thoughts. They made me feel like I was a child of the devil and had no right to call myself a Child of God. Satan put a major guilt trip on me, but I think God allowed it, because it helped in the process of me becoming more humble. Humility is still something I struggle with, especially when I get manic. The last time that happened was about 10 months ago- I went to the hospital for about a week after I told my wife that Jesus was my Son. I really believed it too. That's the thing about bipolar- it can wreak havoc on your thoughts and emotions. But I have a gameplan now for if I ever start going manic- I have people to call, counselors to speak with, who might help me avoid future hospitalizations. Also, I never miss a dose of meds anymore- something that took me over a decade to learn. I fought the system tooth and nail because I believed the entire struggle I had was a spiritual, and not physical one. However, since then I have realized that we are both spiritual AND physical beings, and oftentimes, if our physical bodies are out of whack, it can affect our spirit as well. Anyways, keep up the encouraging posts. I enjoy reading them, and you have a really wonderful heart. Take care, Dave. Your friend in Christ, Christopher Moyer

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to be healed from this mental disease?

soldier4yhwh said...

I believe that it is possible to be healed of this disorder. If it is according to His will then it will be so. I would like to share Philippians 4:12-13

12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Anonymous said...

I have felt so alone till now.

Unknown said...

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing

for more information visitBipolar Disorder Symptoms

Unknown said...

My heart is so troubled. My mom I think is bipolar. She is 76 and it is really getting bad. I get these really hateful phone calls. And then some days she is nice to me. She excuses me of things I dont do. I am becoming depressed. She is the only parent I have ever known. My dad wouldn't come around. And my brother wasn't alowed to come over. Now I know why. I have a younger brother by my step father. But both wont do anything about it. She is become fragile. She is falling and her mind is getting bad. Both my brother have power of attorney. I cant do anything. She is in danger.

I need someone to help me understand her. Her tongue is hurtful. I dont even want to go around. God please help me♡

Anonymous said...

Being impulsive is a symptom of bipolar which often has negative affects as one may tend to blurt out hurtful things. These are the things we may think of but don't actually say. But with Bipolar disorder those things may get impulsively blurted out. Just as Jesus had compassion on people with disabilities, you can have compassion on your mom. This does not mean you should excuse her behavior. You have every right to say "please don't talk to me like that! It hurts my feelings", while still having compassion on her that she is struggling with a possible mental illness.

Anonymous said...

I can certainly empathize with you. I also have bipolar and have heard people say things like they need Jesus not medication. These well meaning brothers and sisters in Christ would not say that a Diabetic shouldn't take his insulin, but should just trust Jesus and not take it. I believe God has provided Doctors and Medications to help those with biological disorders such as Diabetes and Bipolar disorder. People who don't understand what we have tend to be ignorant towards it. I heard a guy say once that our brain is like a computer, if it's a software issue we can change it by thinking a different way therapy etc.., but if it's a hardware problem we need medication to fix it.

Isaiah 61 said...

I agree with you. I've tried positive thinking, and other ways of rethinking and rewiring your brain. As a matter fact, I find that a workshop on neuroplasticity I did recently was very helpful but only as a complement to medication.To rewire the brain we definitely need the hardware to be supported with a treatment.

Anonymous said...

I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love  Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.