A Fresh Mind and Fresh Eyes.....

One day Jesus is going to give us a fresh mind......not Bipolar. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind.
And we will put on the new man, who according to God was created in righteousness and true holiness. Eph 4:23,24


As we journey on through our life here on earth, we need to be sure that we are on the right track mentally.

I'm tired of trying to keep it together. I'm weak, I have a brain disordor, I try avoiding long conversations because I might not have the right answer or I might say something embarassing. My family laughs at me when I say or do outrages things. There right, it is funny. Sometimes being bipolar is confusing. That's when I need to check in to reality... I have to check in with my wife " am I okay? am I saying things right, because I'm not sure.

I've looked at some of the online bipolar support groups but they don't have the Power of the Holy Spirit to comfort us as Jesus said He would in the last days. Their fellowship falls flat on the ground. And if I say something Christian they kick me off the group.

Jesus desires for us to be free from the things of this world...John 8:36 Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed. Because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world 1Jn 2:16.

Jesus wants us to see people through His eyes Not through our Biplar eyes... Loving others purely without casting judgment first. Without seeing others through Bipolar lenses. Jesus told the people, "he who has no sin cast the first stone".

Jesus is calling us home. When we fall down and come out of sins darkness we need to come kneel and find Grace and Mercy, laying down your burdens and your shame. Oh wanderer come home, your not to far. Lay down your hurt and your heart.

There's hope for the hopeless and all who have strayed, There's rest for the weary. Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light Mat 11:28-30


David Crowder has a song that calls us home into God's Arms.

If you want to share something my bipolar Christian sister or brother, I promise you won't get kicked off the Blog....

First I must say I am not a Dr. or a Pshyc. But I have been counseling people with Bipolar Disorder since 1986.
If I don't have the answer we can grow through it together.

God Bless... and I really mean it.
Dave Hallahan
Dave@christian-internet.com





4 comments:

bipolarchristian.net said...

Hello, Dave. I'm happy to have stumbled across your Christian Bipolar Fellowship blog, as I am a Christian who has struggled with Bipolar since 1998, but in a sense I feel like I've had this foreboding depressing feeling since early childhood, as a result of having childhood bullies I didn't know how to stand up to. Probably the biggest struggle as a Christian I have today is learning how to have intimacy with God without going overboard and getting obsessed about telling the whole world about Christ and how he is coming back. I'm not sure if it's part of my illness or if I would have believed this even if I didn't have bipolar, but for a long period I thought I was Elijah the Prophet, sent to prepare the world for the "great and terrible day of the Lord" which I thought to be the 2nd coming of Christ to the earth to set up his millenial kingdom. Nearly every time in the past I felt super close with God, I always did things and believed things that were super irrational and got me into trouble- I had to go the psyche hospital many times- I even had to go to jail a few times. Anyways, I long to be intimate with the lord, and stay on a sure footing mentally- maybe what is required for this is more connections within the church, or a more solid biblical understanding. Whatever the case may be, I really want to experience true intimacy with God and have a sure footing that never fails me- a foundation I can trust and count on. Blessings to you, Dave.

Ngo said...

Hello My name is nadineIm 32 years old Ive been a chrisitan ince the age of 15 and was hit by depression at 25. Uptil this year I was struggling with it I lost jobs, friends some family members connection because of my mood swings etc. suffering with depression has sometime caused the fear to loose my faith in God as i have racing thoughts as well. However I found a great nutritional regimen this year that in my case has lifted up the depression significantly. If you re interested please feel free to contact me because as a believer my worst fear was to completely loose my faith or hope in God out of mood swings and racing thoughts.
depressiondefeated@yahoo.com

Isaiah 61 said...

Hi Dave, I just found out about your website today. I'm also a Christian and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2003 after a serious nervous breakdown. I've been to different healing and deliverance ministries. I was even told that God had broken the power of this illness and that I was free. Well, as you would imagine, I stopped taking my medication few times and things got worse. Fortunately I have a wonderful wife and amazing kids who are very supportive.I fought this condition all these years and failed. I suppose that coming from a family riddled with mental health issues I perhaps have been trying to get rid of this bipolar disorder. I'm glad that I can now connect with other people like me and be encouraged to be different. God bless you for what you are doing and the hope your work is bringing in others' life.

Julia Franklin said...

So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after  three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was  negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from  HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come'  out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whatsApp him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER ,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE, SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, PAIN IN JOINT,EPILEPSY,STROKE,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, EATING DISORDER etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.
email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com         whatsapp number.  +2348142454860  website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com