Spirit Fillled Bipolars? Isn't That Weird?



This is not a weird Spirit filled article. And again I need to say that I know how hard it is to read anything when were Depressed or Manic. But I think this article will help those Bipolars that may be struggling with the same thing I did. I am praying for you, really. And I hope this doesn't offend anyone.


Even as Pastoring; I remember staying awake late at night 3:am crying "why am I not like other Christians?" Why don't I have the joy of the Lord like others. Why can't keep a job, why can't I just have a life of prayer, or steady reading of the Word, serving at Church or giving ect.
I always feel like I'm under a dark cloud, what was I missing? You mean there's more?
Well I needed to be filled with the holy Spirit again. Jesus didn't start His ministry until He was baptized and after the 40 days of temptation in the wilderness.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him? Luke 11:13"

Receiving the Power Of the Holy Spirit is as easy as being born again. Just receive it in prayer, how did you get saved? It's the same way. Only your not asking for forgivness your asking for God's power to live thru another day.

The Holy Spirit was promised to us believers when Jesus ascended. It's the Holy Spirit that gives us strength as bipolar believers.


Once more I am not into weird Holy Spirit teaching. I'm just hoping to find a balance here.

As Bipolars we need to understand that the Holy Spirit is still greater today than any of our short comings or failures. He has come to set us free from anything that may be a burden or another Crazy Episode. He (the Holy Spirit) has come to free us from ourselves and anything that may harm you, even if that is yourself. Yes I think we can hurt ourselves far more than others. Self guilt and Self shame.
I can ask Jesus to forgive me but I still feel guilty and ashamed, when He has already forgiven me, I just need to accept it.

I am convinced that God is for us...
"Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, LORD..."

Again I can understand that feeling Depressed or Manic can keep you from the truth and that's where our enemy wants us. He wants us ashamed and filled with guilty feelings, feeling like were to far from God. And there is no way we can come back.

I'm here to say "You can walk a thousand miles away from God but it only takes one step to come back to His loving, forgiving arms."
You can live a fun Spirit Filled life of faith.


First I must say I am not a Dr or a Pshyc. I have been counseling people with Bipolar Disorder since 1986 when I found out I had it.... If I don't have the answer we can grow through it together, and seek God.
God Bless.....and I really mean it.
Dave Hallahan


If you would like some godly counsel or would just like to air it out, you can email me here...Dave@christian-internet.com



6 comments:

Bipolar Disorder Symptoms said...

wonderful post.I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information.Its true that most of the time people not able to identified about different types of depression.

Unknown said...

The typos & bad grammar were distracting, but nice sentiments.

Unknown said...

This is so very helpful to read. It's hard to find joy in this illness much less show love toward others. The Holy Spirit will fill us daily and give us the strength to get through the day. His grace is sufficient and his mercy is new every day

Dadofhalfdozen said...

Thanks for your encouragement and ministry! As a bipolar Christian for 30 years, I have to depend upon God's Word and Holy Spirit's guidance to lead my life. Please pray for my wife and 6 kids that I've been separated from for 5 years, but still praying for reconciliation! jeffhelms40@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I want to scream that today I hate having bipolar disorder! Have I been hypomania for several weeks or am I feeling the holy spirit? I've been eating like crazy to take the edge off my feelings. There is absolutely no one to take to. I see the psychiatrist Thursday and I want to discuss my concerns but I don't know her frame of reference on spirituality. Pastors do not know much about mental health issues. My mind is a quivering mess.

Anonymous said...

I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love  Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.