Bipolar Symptoms Manic & Depressed

Maybe you woke up today and you heard the same ole; your not worth anyting, your a reject, your life will never amount to anything, your a nobody, who do you think your are?


my advice is to remind ourselves of this small chapter below on a daily basis.

Let’s not forget the Grace of God and His Righteousness.  You see Gods word tells us that the Lord gives His righteousness towards us even when we don’t deserve it.  In Revelation it says that the Lord places a robe of righteousness upon us.  Notice; It’s His righteousness, not ours, we can’t earn it or ever deserve it.  It’s free!  To those that simply receive it.

Some of the e-mails we get describe How people are wanting to marry someone that has BP and that there spouses are there to support their mate. Wow what an exciting celebration and success story..... The spouse understands the high and the lows and the emotions in between.  I think that's great. I believe everyone with Bipolar Disorder should have a godly Caregiver.  My wife understand my Crazies and my lows.  If your going to get married make sure they understand all the aspects or BP

Even as we speak i have run out of my Bipolar meds and i am going nuts, cycling, rapid thoughts, very hyper etc.  She is handling me well until I see my psychiatrist in a couple of Days.Enough about me.  

Some of the e-mails we get are people searching for help; trying to get answers for their spouses of boyfriend girlfriend.... again I'll say it.  Make sure your BP sufferer is taking the prescribed meds the Dr. is giving them.  This will balance them out so they may live  normal days.

 I received a list from Web MD For you to compare your spouse or friends BP with....

During a manic episode in someone with bipolar disorder, elevated mood can manifest itself as either euphoria (feeling "high") or as irritability.
Abnormal behavior during manic episodes includes:
  • Flying suddenly from one idea to the next
  • Rapid, "pressured," and loud speech
  • Increased energy, with hyperactivity and a decreased need for sleep
  • Inflated self-image
  • Excessive spending
  • Hypersexuality
  • Substance abuse
People in manic episodes may spend money far beyond their means, have sex with people they wouldn't otherwise, or pursue grandiose, unrealistic plans. In severe manic episodes, a person loses touch with reality. They may become delusional and behave bizarrely.
Untreated, an episode of mania can last anywhere from a few days to several years. Most commonly, symptoms continue for a few weeks to a few months. Depression may follow shortly after, or not appear for weeks or months.
Many people with bipolar I disorder experience long periods without symptoms in between episodes. A minority have rapid-cycling symptoms of mania and depression -- even alternating between mania and depression in the same day.
Depressive episodes in bipolar disorder are similar to "regular" clinical depression, with depressed mood, loss of pleasure, low energy and activity, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, and thoughts of suicide. Depressive symptoms of bipolar disorder can last weeks or even years.

It was when a doctor confronted me with these symptoms that i new it was over for me. I lined up with every Bipolar description he pronounced..... I cried, I got mad, i was confused,felt like breaking furniture, I felt like my ministry service to God was a waste of 24 yrs.  My wife came by my side and cared for me.  She got me the meds and everything leveled out. I call it "vanilla"  Being bipolar can be dangerous without Meds it can be a life destroyer. People do indescribable things while Bipolar.  (read my testimony) But it can also be peaceful if your psychiatrist is giving you the right combo of meds. 

Let me say this; the world say you need 12 steps to get your life right.  I say there is 1 step.  Lay your Will and Brokenness down at the cross and begin living a Spirit filled life Strengthening, Equipping and Encouraging Gods People To Embrace A Spirit Led Life Of Faith and Worship! .


We offer Safe and Godly Counsel to those seeking prayer and help. Go to our website for Prayer and Counseling 

More about Dave's Destructive Bipolar life can be found here...               Bipolar Christian Fellowship This is our Bipolar Homepage.

Pastor Dave Hallahan
Kept by His Grace



No comments: